Perinatal Mental HealthThe journey to parenthood can present us with unexpected obstacles and difficulties.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy to address many specific concerns related to perinatal issues, including, but not limited to:
- Difficulty in the transition to parenthood
- Prenatal or postpartum depression or anxiety
- Worries or anxiety about parenting
- Parent history of childhood abuse or neglect
- Parent history of infertility/assisted reproduction, miscarriage, stillbirth or loss of a baby or a child
Postpartum mood or anxiety disorders may go untreated because of the difficulty leaving home to get to an appointment or because of the intense involvement required in caring for a newborn. They are, however, conditions that can respond very well to psychotherapy. Given this, in-home counselling sessions are available if appropriate and provided that your home is within a reasonable distance. Otherwise, an additional fee would apply for home visits, determined by travel time required. Please discuss your personal situation with me.